This has been a tough year; however, from September 1st onwards, you still have seventeen and a half weeks to get the best out of this year, so let’s make September your new January.
Why is September the New January?
Well, school begins in many countries, a new fiscal year recently begun, you are back from the summer/school brake holidays, therefore September offers you an opportunity for a fresh beginning.
Gretchen Rubin, author of several books on habits and happiness, proposes using new beginnings as a hack to set new habits and routines.
So, why don’t you take advantage of the new “season” to start taking intentional action towards your best desired outcome for this year, considering the “new normal” we’re facing now.
It doesn’t matter if you have or haven’t set goals for this year, let’s focus on what you can achieve in the weeks ahead and put in place the plan that will get you there.
Are you with me?
Great that you said YES and decided to go ahead with making September your new January.
What do you do now?
First, let’s reconnect with your long-term vision and see where you want to be by December 31st. I mean, how would you like your business and life to be at the end of the year, assuming you’ve been taking consistent and intentional action to get there since September 1st.
Imagine it’s New Year’s Eve, you’re reviewing your year and feeling accomplished, satisfied about what you’ve done and achieved in such a short lapse as 17 ½ weeks.
What have you achieved? What are your family and friends telling you? What are you telling yourself? Where, in your body, do you feel that sense of fulfilment?
Write down what you have seen, heard and felt.
You’re ready to define your DUMB goals for the next 17 ½ weeks and your intentional SMART goals to achieve them (More about DUMB & SMART Goals here).
Let’s Do It
Take paper and pen, as you’ll start to plan how you’ll create it. Answering the following questions will help you in the process.
- Where are you now with regards to where you want to be at the end of the year?
- What can you do, in the next weeks, to bring your business and life to where you want them to be?
- Which are your milestones?
- How can you get to your first milestone?
- What actions can you take immediately?
- By what means will you measure your progress?
- How will you feel marking done your planned actions?
- Exactly how do you want to feel at the end of each day and each week?
- In what manner will you celebrate your daily and weekly accomplishments?
- What could come in your way? How can you anticipate and overcome it?
Let’s make the most out of the next 17 ½ weeks and make this a great year despite the craziness of the last months.
Do you need help to re-connect with your Vision and set your goals, actions and indicators for the next 17 ½ weeks?
Book a FREE exploration session NOW!